In the ultra-competitive and quick-moving world of fast fashion, customer experience is a key differentiator for brands and critical to driving repeat business and customer lifetime value.
PrettyLittleThing realized that while the experience they were providing for their customers before they clicked the “buy” button was highly optimized and engaging, the post-purchase experience was ripe for improvement. Customers were redirected away from the website to one of their 10 carriers’ websites for delivery updates. “Ghosting,” when tracking information isn’t available on a carrier website right after a purchase, was an issue. Brand experience was inconsistent and the ability to re-engage customers and drive repeat purchases was limited. Lastly, PrettyLittleThing lacked control over customer communication, inhibiting efforts to own the customer journey end-to-end.
“A sub-optimal post-purchase experience was disrupting our otherwise seamless customer journey. To keep customers coming back we worked with Narvar.”
—Nicki Capstick, Head of Marketing at PrettyLittleThing
To solve these issues, PrettyLittleThing turned to Narvar, a platform designed to inspire loyalty across the customer journey, from basket to doorstep and beyond. With Narvar, PrettyLittleThing was able to:
- Provide consistent, branded post-purchase communications and proactive notifications in the customer’s channel of choice.
- Provide a clear estimated delivery date and live order delivery information, both in-basket and post-purchase.
- Engage customers using personalized marketing to increase repeat visits to its website.
- Gain full visibility of the delivery experience, capture quantitative and qualitative feedback, and proactively engage customers based on final mile experience.
After just five months using the Narvar platform, the brand has seen impressive results:
- Time to next purchase was accelerated by 57%, increasing revenue, loyalty and customer lifetime value.
- Customer ratings of the post-purchase delivery experience increased 30%.
- Emails featuring personalized marketing assets drove customers back to PrettyLittleThing’s branded tracking pages, achieving 44.3% click-through rate.
- Branded tracking pages delivered 24x return on investment in five months.