Next Monday marks the beginning of Shoptalk Europe in Copenhagen, which will host an impressive calibre of retail leadership from not only Europe, but around the globe. The conference promises to delve into a variety of topics that we at Narvar are passionate about: consumer loyalty, the future of retail, and logistics innovation, just to name a few.As we grab our passports, we’re eyeing a few sessions in particular that we think might provoke some serious thought. Below, we highlight the Shoptalk presentations on the agenda that have caught our attention:
- Last-Mile Fulfillment, Same Day and Pickup (Parts 1 & 2), Monday, 10-10:40 a.m. and 10:45-11:25 a.m.: How are retailers approaching the last mile as consumers continue to set the bar higher and higher? This is the question that these back-to-back sessions promise to answer, with an emphasis on how logistics technology, people, and partnerships are impacting how deliveries are made and how customers think about ordering online. It will be an especially interesting discussion in light of Walmart’s acquisition of logistics company Parcel this week, heating up the same-day delivery battle against Amazon.
- From Startup to Global Brand, Dollar Shave Club Enters Act Two, Monday, 3:15-3:35 p.m.: Want to hear about how startup brand Dollar Shave Club hit its growth spurt, and how it plans on continuing its journey onwards and upwards post-acquisition? We know we do. During this Fireside Chat, Dollar Shave Club’s Founder and CEO Michael Dubin will take the stage to share what he’s learned about building a brand that consumers love, and what he’s learned on the way to finding global success.
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence in Retail, Tuesday, 9:15-9:55 a.m.: We are bullish on the evolution of AI in retail, sowe’re especially excited to hear what this panel of industry experts has to say on the subject. It’s promised we’ll learn about what’s happening now, what might happen in the future, and what kinds of problems AI is poised to solve for consumers and retailers alike. Sign us up!
- New Retail: The Seamless Shopping Experience, Tuesday, 12:35-12:55 p.m.: Seamless is a word we throw around a lot, and with good reason—more and more, consumers not only expect but demand a seamless experience from the brands they shop with. This presentation, hosted by Alibaba Group’s General Manager of Europe Terry von Bibra, will give us an idea of what a seamless shopping experience looks like, and what retailers can do to create seamless experiences for their customers.
- Conversational Commerce, Tuesday, 4:45-5:25 p.m.: We’re all about the rise of the chatbot, particularly the opportunity that bots present when it comes to improving a consumer’s post-purchase experience. With retailers of all kinds trying to figure out how to utilize chatbots within their overall business strategies, this session will discuss the value of conversational commerce, along with what’s currently happening in the space.
- The Future of Online Retail, Wednesday, 12-12:40 p.m.: With consumers doing more and more of their shopping online, the overall retail landscape is changing and new technologies are emerging to help retailers chart this new territory. Find out what Andrea Ferraz, Morgan Stanley’s Head of European Internet Research, predicts for the future of online retail during this Wednesday afternoon session.
If you’re in Copenhagen next week for Shoptalk Europe, we hope to see you! Be sure to schedule a meeting or just come say hi to one of our post-purchase experience experts at Booth 400.
Heather is Senior Content Marketing Manager at Narvar and has been working in the SF tech world for over 6 years. She has a bachelor's degree from CSU Long Beach and an MFA in writing from California College of the Arts.