Ah, Palm Springs. The storied desert retreat of the Rat Pack, home to many of the best examples of mid-century modern architecture, and hub of the annual Coachella Music Festival. Starting February 27th, it will play host to hundreds of retailers who’ll gather at eTail West to share strategies for surviving and thriving in today’s constantly evolving global marketplace. What will industry leaders be talking about this year? Here are some of the key themes we believe will thread through the 4-day conference, and a hit list of sessions to make the most of your trip.
Breaking down silos to succeed with omnichannel execution
Although “omnichannel” seems like an overused buzzword, executing on the strategy continues to be critical as consumers shift their shopping behavior, the role of physical stores gets reinvented, and new channels proliferate. The incentive to succeed is great; many retailers have found that omnichannel customers are more valuable than those who only spend in one channel. Discussion this year seems to focus less on technology, and more on the organizational and process changes necessary to be effective.
- The Roadmap To Omni: Checkpoints For A Targeted And Cutting-Edge Approach
- Organizational and Cultural Transformation To Execute Omni-Channel Experiences
- Here’s How To Create Your Omni-Channel Retail Future
Next-gen personalized shopping experiences
Consumers are smarter, busier and more discerning than ever before. They’re placing the onus on retailers to understand their preferences and deliver a curated, effortless shopping experience. In order to fulfill on this expectation, retailers need a 360-degree data view of their customer. This also opens up more customized communication across the entire shopping journey. These three seemingly disparate sessions illuminate the path to next-generation personalization.
- It’s Personal: Contextual Offers And Marketing To Drive Business Value
- The Rise Of Conversational Commerce To Complete The Purchase
- Surprising And Delighting Your Customers With Delivery (note: Narvar’s Founder & CEO Amit Sharma will speak on this panel along with Eric Adams of Dollar Shave Club and Mike Dimiele at Pampered Chef)
The changing role of physical stores
It’s no secret that brick-and-mortar retail is going through a seismic transformation. Nimble brands must reinvent the store’s role in the customer journey to stay relevant. The best create flagships which provide unique experiences to immerse the customer in the brand ethos and blur the lines between the online and physical worlds.
- Retail: State of the Union (Mark Walker, CEO of JackThreads, will discuss how companies like Uber, Casper and JackThreads have expanded their product or service offerings to become “experience first” brands)
- Digitizing The Store: Bringing The Online Experience Alive In Brick And Mortar
- Case Study Revolution: Augmented Reality in Retail
Connect with Narvar at eTail West if you’re attending. The show runs February 27-March 2 in Palm Springs, California.